Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jessica Simpson's New Country Album: "Do You Know" - 9/9/08

Her last album kinda sucked (Public Affair anyone?). But Jessica Simpson’s new country album…ROCKS!!

Being a huge Carrie Underwood, I didn’t think I would like this CD so much but I have to report what I think is good! My sister didn’t like it too much but she said she would give it another chance after I told her I liked it.


^^ I love her ring!!

Did you know that Jessica Simpson wrote all the songs on her album except for three?!

Here are my opinions on the tracks:

1. Come On Over: Her first single & number one on her CD. This song is very catchy & I really like it.

2. Remember That: This song is about abuse. My favorite lyric in this song is, "Take your heart & RUN!"

She recently was interviewed by Elle magazine where she state: “'I Have Definitely Experienced Abuse”. I really, really like this song. I think it’s my second favorite song on the album.

Per Elle magazine: ‘"Remember That," features the lyrics, "It doesn't matter how he hurts you, With his hands or with his words, You don't deserve it, It ain't worth it, Take your heart and run."’

In my opinion, I think this song is about Nick Lachey (her ex-husband if you have been under a rock!). After watching their MTV reality show “Newlyweds,” there are lyrics in this song that seems like something Nick would do! Hah, sorry Nick! I still like you! And Vanessa too! =D

3. Pray Out Loud: Sounds like a church song. I still like it because it’s a good uplifting song. Gotta love songs that make you feel good! While other songs don’t sound too “country,” this song sounds VERY country.

4. You’re My Sunday: Maybe my third favorite song. Really, really good song!! I heard Jessica Simpson co-wrote this song & it’s about Tony Romo! It’s a super cute ballad. I love the lyrics to this song!

Something to think about:
Her lyrics say, on Sundays “I don't have to rush ‘cause you ain't got much to do,” but doesn’t Tony Romo play football on Sundays for half the year? Very strange to me..

5. Sipping on History: This song is about a lost love & what “could have been”. I kind of like this song but it’s not high on my list.

6. Still Beautiful: When I listen to this song, I think of it as a good introduction song to a TV show like “The Hills”. It’s really good & I think it is well written. Another great uplifting song!

7. Still Don’t Stop Me: THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG!!! It is so good. I LOVE this song. It is on repeat right now on my ZUNE (yes, I have a Zune and not an Ipod).

This song is about loving someone so much, even if he doesn’t treat you right, you still love him. She sings it very well. She really finds her voice in this great song. I love it.

8. When I Loved You Like That: This song is about asking someone that she loves why he treats her bad when she loved him so much. It’s a satisfactory song as is #9 Might as Well be Making Love and #10 Man Enough. (I'm getting lazy & sleepy..)

11. Do You Know Featuring Dolly Parton: I read somewhere that Dolly wrote this song for Jessica to sing. Not sure if it’s true or not. I like this song, the lyrics are okay.

Dolly Parton adds a nice touch to the song! It’s beautifully sung by both Dolly & Jessica although there is a lot yelling at the end.


review