Friday, July 18, 2008

South Coast Plaza & Irvine Spectrum H&M Haul - 7/18/08

I just returned from a "mini vacation" in Irvine, CA. I did some major shopping in Irvine. Hands down, H&M is my favorite store for inexpensive yet stylish clothes! I absolutely love their clothes & accessories. Below are some items I picked up from H&M (South Coast Plaza & Irvine Spectrum H&M).

Before I start with pictures, I would like to start with a review of the stores:

In both stores, I found the layout to be very useful in finding exactly what I wanted. Casual clothes were set on one wall, while swimwear was gathered in another. Both stores were extremely clean and well-maintained. Mannequins were dressed with items that were nearby. I was pleased with the external features of the stores.

South Coast Plaza H&M
PROS:
South Coast Plaza had more of a selection when it came to “non-sale” items.

CONS: At South Coast Plaza, the cashier girl was just plain rude to me. I’m not sure why she was hired to be a cashier if she is not going to smile or be friendly to customers! I don’t expect much but that is the least a cashier should do!!

Irvine Spectrum H&M
PROS:
At Irvine Spectrum, a floor guy was absolutely sooo nice! He offered to help me look for a belt I saw on a mannequin. We couldn’t find it so he took it off the mannequin! That is awesome customer service. I also noticed that the sale items here were far better than the ones at South Coast Plaza.

There were 2 sale racks, one at each entrance. This was a surprise to me because after I thought I was finished combing through the sale section, I wondered to the other side and found another!

CONS: The fitting room area was a little messy. Could have been the time of day I was there (5-6PM).

On to the pictures of my goodies!

From the South Coast Plaza store:

Green Cardigan - $19.90

I wanted this in Pink as well but I decided to be good & try to save some money! Btw, I LOVE cardigans, I wish I could have them in every color! Darn it, now I'm wishing I purchased the pink one...



Striped A-Line Dress - $34.90.

I love the dresses at H&M. Cute, chic, & inexpensive. The perfect combination!

From the Irvine Spectrum Store:

Dark Tan Belt w/ Gorgeous Cheetah-like detail - $12.20.

OMG, this is my new favorite belt. I usually say, "Whatever fits the mannequin, fits me," and this belt was looking so good on a mannequin. I searched everywhere for this belt & couldn't find it so a very nice H&M worker got it down for me. I love it because its a waist belt that actually fits me! It doesn't slide down to my hips like most belts that claim to be a "size small" does!



Floral Skirts - $10 each!

These skirts were so cute, I had to buy them in both colors!! Plus they actually had my size (which is very rare!) I am so excited! I can't wait to wear them.