Saturday, July 5, 2008

I got a new Sidekick LX! Yipppee! - 7/5/08

I got a new phone! Yipppee!

I upgraded from the Sidekick 3 to the Sidekick LX

Sidekick 3 pics:



Sidekick LX pics:



Things that I LOVE:
· The new themes that I can create. I am even able to change the icons & hinge sounds! My hinge sounds is Mariah Carey’s song “Love Story”! I’m not sure if this was available in SK3, being that I was only able to create a custom background theme.
· I heard that there is going to be an OTA update on the LX allowing me to take videos! I have not received the update but I can’t wait for it!
· The camera has FLASH! Although it is stated that the camera is the same, I feel the LX has better quality photos.
· There is picture messaging available & I can record sounds to the message. It’s awesome!
· The screen is soo much better than the SK3!! Larger & better resolution.
· It is less bulky! I feel like I have a “regular” phone rather than a brick for a phone.
· All 4 sides of the phone lights up in blue when something is received (phone call etc). This is so awesome! Looks like my phone is having a party! =)

Things that I HATE:
· I hate that all my applications & ring tones that I purchased did not transfer over! I had to purchase it all over again!
· The end of the call chime that both phones make! Seriously, if there was a burglar in my house & I was trying to hide & make a phone call. That chime would get me into deep trouble! Hypothetic, but I just saying! I HATE that chime!
· The camera, although better than SK3, is still not as good as other phones. Even the Motorola Razor has better photo quality than the Sidekicks. It’s just so grainy!

If you are thinking of upgrading, I would highly recommend it! I absolutely love my phone! I text & AIM so much that this is the best phone for me.