Saturday, July 19, 2008

Review of Irvine Marriott Hotel - 7/19/08


I stayed at the Irvine Marriott for 2 nights during my “mini-vacation”. Overall it was a good experience. I would stay there again!

Price range: About $200/night for a king or 2 Double beds.

PROS:
Upon arrival, the desk clerk were very polite. The bellboy was extremely eager to assist me with my one luggage. Very pleasant arrival.

The room was decorated very modern, which I LOVED. I also loved all the RED!!

The beds (I slept on both!) were extremely comfortable, including the pillows! I kind of just melted in bed. It was so comfortable that I actually slept through the night. If you know me, this is rare since I wake up to every little sound I hear.

I really liked that the TV was a flat-screen! It proves that the place remodeled & is very in with modern times. I also liked the cable!! I don’t have cable because I don’t watch much TV but one night I ended up watching TV the entire night! It’s so addicting!


In addition, the TV was settled on a granite-top dresser. I noticed this detail & appreciate it!
I liked the lamps in the room! They were stylish & modern! They coordinated well with the room.

Both nights, I ordered Room Service & on both nights I ordered this dessert. It was soo delicious!! I forgot what it was called, perhaps.. "Raspberry Chocolate Cake"? I forget.




Second night's room service, I ordered this steak sandwich. Very tasty!! YUMMM! =D


On to the bathroom: I liked the bath set that was provided from Bath & Body Works. However, I never use the bath sets. I don’t know why but I just like using my own stuff! Anyway, I took it home for my little brother; he loves that kind of stuff.

And lastly, the view. I liked it. =P


CONS:
My first con is of an employee. I should have gotten her name but there was a lady working the concierge desk on Tuesday morning. I asked her if the Marriott shuttle could take me to a building down the street. She answered, “No, it only takes you to the airport.” LIAR!! I noticed a bunch of people asking the shuttle driver to take them here and there. As a result, I jumped on & asked him to take me to my destination, which he did with no problem. That lady needs to get her facts straight.

I reserved a king but the hotel ran out of kings so I was stuck with 2 doubles. I wish they would have “upgraded” rather than “downgraded”.

The bathroom, although satisfying, was rather small.
The first night, I ordered room service. I ordered Chicken Tenders. It was NOT good at all! I would have rather had McDonald's chicken nuggets!




On the second night, I ordered this "Fruit" smoothie. NOT GOOD Yuck! Not worth the $5.

The room wasn’t as sound proof as I would imagine. Being next to a freeway, it was loud at times.

Lastly, the desk was way too small!