Saturday, March 14, 2009

How To: Shop the Clearance Racks!

I love shopping the clearance section & outlet stores but realized there is a lot that you have to look for when shopping the way I shop! I (quickly) put together some helpful hints for the next time you shop the clearance racks:

1. Check for Missing Buttons: I always check to see if all buttons are present. If a button is missing and I really like the item, I check to see if an extra button is attached. Buttons are very easy to sew back on!

2. Check for Stains: Stains are always a NO-BUY for me. Some stains to check for:
> Neck stains – If people try on the shirts, neck stains may result. This is grosses me out!
> Crotch stains (gross I know!) - Usually located inside trousers. This occurs when girls try on trousers when wearing no underwear. Super gross! Come on people!
> Lipstick stains – The most popular stain. I hate it.

3. Check for Damages & Other Irregularities: Take the time to look at the item you are about to purchase! Check for loose threads, missing attachments (for example some items come with Belts & it could be missing), etc.

4. Check the price! This is a No-brainer! Price is important!
> If there is no price tag, ask an employee to check the price! You never know how much it is going to cost & some stores offer a discount because no price tag was attached to the item!

5. Sort! I always grab everything I like from the clearance section then I go to a nice quiet area to rummage through my stack.
I usually make 3 stacks:
a) YES!
b) Maybe's &
c) No way's.

I immediately put the No-way items back on the shelf.

I put the Maybe items on top of my stack. When I reach the cashier, I check the prices on the Maybe items first. This is to see what the final price is or if there are any additional discounts.

6. Smile! I go home a HAPPY Shopper! =)