Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas in Chicago! (Pic heavy)

I was in Chicago for Christmas. It was sooo beautiful!! I loved the atmosphere & the snow!! It was really cold but I had soo much fun roaming the city!

I absolutely love Chicago!

We stayed at the Inn of Chicago, right near the Gorgeous Michigan Avenue or Magnificent Mile! Here is a shot of the view from our hotel room!

Forever 21:




Guess:

They had their own DJ spinning inside the store! I couldn't hear myself shop..
Sear’s Tower in a fog! I really wanted a Sear’s Tower Christmas Ornament! But it was $40!!


Millennium Park had these cool looking screens w/ people’s faces on them!

Daytime:

Twilight:
The Infamous “Bean” near Millennium Park. Such a gorgeous site!

Daytime:

Super sunny day! Made the shot soo beautiful!





A foggy night shot. Just a cool. COOL BEANS!


Gorgeous Ice Skating Rink in Millennium Park. I love the beautiful city buildings as a back drop!


The Amphitheater..

CNA Building (I think that is what is called..):

I like this building bc its RED!!

Chicago is known for their yummy Deep Dish Pizzas. We ate at 2 well-known Pizza places called Giordano’s & Gino’s East. Both pizza’s were sooo yummy!! Gosh! I really want one right now..

From Gino's East:

We did take-out in order to avoid standing in line for hours!



Look how thick it is!!


Giordano’s:

We got there before they opened to avoid huge lines!



Wow Bao:
We tried this place because of the funny name and it ended being Soo delicious!! We ate it twice! OMG, I’m craving one right now!! I love the Mongolian Beef!!

YUMMY BUNSSS:

I LOVEEE GARRETTS!!!!
Please send me some!!!
Macy’s (on State Street):
Totally makes it feel like Christmas all over again looking at this photo! I love the decorations!
Window Displays:






John Hancock Observatory:

We went up this Observatory rather than Sear’s Tower. Instead of waiting an hour and a half for the Sear’s Tower, we went up immediately! And there was NO crowd!


Breathtaking view!

I sat there and stared out the window for a good 10 minutes!
Navy Pier:
It was 27 degrees! Surprisingly, I was not that cold!

Soldier Field:
Wrigley Field! Such an iconic site!


Cellular Field (White Sox):

Chinatown:
Where I bought ALL of my souvenirs for very cheap!! Budget spending on vacation!
Hyde Park: Obama's neighborhood:
We tried to look for his old home but got lost..

Chicago really loves Obama:

Museums:

We went to ALL of the museums! We bought the City Pass and a bus pass! Went ALL over Chicago!

Adler Planetarium:
Shedd Aquarium:

Museum of Science & Industry:
Field Museum:
Zoolights at Lincoln Park!

Chicago Tribune w/ the Pitchfork couple!

Snow!! I LOVE Snow!!
My Uggs getting Uglier!

Frozen River:
Frozen Lake Michigan!
Bye Chicago! I'll miss you!
Lastly, My BF and I..