Saturday, April 25, 2009

My “Balance” Outfit - 4/25/09

Boss #10: “Hey! What do you do for fun???”
Thinking to myself: Um.. I SHOP, duh!
Instead I answer: “I Study, it’s my life right now” – Ah, the more politically correct answer..

Work, study, live life. Where is my Balance?

Sure, some people take to the gym, hike, rollerblade, etc. Others spend time with their kids. Many go out and party like its 1999, er 2009.

Me? I find my balance when I SHOP. Is it really hard to understand??!

One of my bosses (boss #10) asked a group of us the question above, in an attempt to “get to know us”. I hesitated to mention that I SHOP! You see…It’s hard to explain this phenomenon to non shop-a-holics. They think of shopping as a daily task or even a chore. yikes!

Why should I even bother trying to explain the great feeling I get when I find something soo cute, ON SALE?? Or the feeling I get when I drop into a store to browse & find that everything is 75% off! Or the best feeling -- when I come home from a day of successful shopping - I unload my “gems” in my living room to take pictures of it to post here! Ahhh, what a wonderful feeling! LOL!

Sometimes I get the feeling that people (especially “business people”) look down upon people who enjoy so-called “superficial” things such as fashion & shopping. Would they rather I read the Wall Street Journal or watch CNN all day. Or better yet, play GOLF! =/

In any case, I’ll say "I study" with a smirk -- Knowing that I will go shopping later that day to report my finds here on my blog. Where people appreciate it! LOL! =P

My “Balance” Outfit:
Banana Republic Plaid Pants w/ Blue Stripes
Banana Republic Turtle Neck in Teal
Gold-color Necklace w/ wooden details
- This necklace needed to be fixed in the photo! My “photographer” didn’t change it for me, LOL!